You’ve got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
And latch on to the affirmative
Don’t mess with Mr. In-between.
I woke up this morning determined to change the outcome of this day.
I was tired of wrestling with uncertainty. I was weary of the worry and strife.Meditation time came when I least expected it, The first hour of my day was spent in a quiet computer lab while students took a test. The silence disturbed me. I did not want to listen to my monkey brain. I decided instead to clean up.
Too soon the small room was tidy and I was once again left alone with my thoughts. I wished for my journal sitting in my bag upstairs. I wanted to figure out a way to bring peace back into my day.
So I stopped fighting and fretting and gave into the thoughts that swirled around my head. In the deep quiet I came to a realization- I do not want to dread my days. I will choose happiness from this moment on.
With that decision came the next part- an action plan. How can I make this happen? I pulled out my phone and wrote a memo to myself.
I made a list ( I love lists)…
1. To find three positive events in each day.
2. To offer a compliment or encouragement to a minimum of three people daily.
3. The next time someone ticks me off, breathe deeply three times before responding.
4. When the day starts to get me down, I will think of three things that I love, or make me feel good.
5. If I begin to doubt myself, I will recall three gifts or positive attributes that I possess.